||What can members of the Community do ?
- Learn about the Independent Living Movement! Call or visit a
center near you.
- Learn about people with disabilities. This can be done by
speaking directly with them rather than thru agencies that claim to
speak for them.
- Make sure your local school and community are doing everything
possible to include individuals with disabilities.
- Encourage local businesses, community groups, and houses of
worship to make their facilities accessible to all people.
- Donate your time and talents by volunteering at your local
Independent Living Center.
- Donate your money to help your local Independent Living Center
continue the work it is doing. (State employees may contribute through
their payroll deduction using SEFA # 50-611.)
- >Purchase books, magazines, audio books, and office suplies
directly through this site. We participate in Affiliate programs where
this organization receives a portion of any sales done via link from
Links] [NYSILC's] [ILUSA]
][What You Can Do To Help ]
FINDEPENDENT LIVING -USA
Updated as of November 5,1999
Copyright © 1998 ILCHV
All Rights Reserved
Authored and maintained by:
Accessible Website Design